Navigation Menu

Casa fostului prefect conservator Luca Elefterescu este unul din puținele exemple de arhitectură neo-gotică din oraș. Între pereții săi s-au ținut seratele muzicale din Ploieștii Belle-Epoque, precum și prima petrecere de revelion din localitate, în 1903 – 1904. În al Doilea Război Mondial a găzduit întâlnirile conspirative ale spionilor britanici și, mai târziu, pe Alfred Gerstenberg, comandantul apărării antiaeriene germane. Din 1972, la iniţiativa profesorului Nicolae Simache, clădirea adăposteşte Muzeul Ceasului, unic în sud-estul Europei şi cel mai vizitat muzeu ploieştean, care prin colecţia sa de peste 4000 de piese şi componente ilustrează evoluţia mijloacelor de măsurare a timpului între secolele XVI şi XIX. În prezent, clădirea muzeului se află în restaurare, colecţia de ceasuri fiind expusă temporar în Sala Auditorium a clădirii Muzeului Judeţean de Istorie si Arheologie Prahova.

The house of the former conservator prefect Luca Elefterescu is one of the few examples of neo gothic architecture in the city. It hosted the evening musical parties of the Belle Époque Ploiesti and the first New Year party in 1903 – 1904. During the Second World War it sheltered the secret meetings of the British spies and later Alfred Gerstenberg, the commander of the German air defence. From 1972, from the initiative of Professor Nicolae Simache, it hosts the Clock Museum, unique in the Southern – Eastern Europe and the most visited Ploieşti museum, which with its collection of 4000 pieces and components illustrates the evolution of the time measuring instruments between 16th and 19th centuries. Nowadays, the museum’s building is under construction process, the clock collection being temporary exhibited in the Auditorium Hall of the Prahova County History and Archaeology Museum.

More Information»

Instituția de cultură este găzduită în Palatul Ghiţă Ionescu – fost negustor, petrolist, parlamentar și primar. Imobil a fost construit în perioada 1885 – 1894 după planurile arhitectului I. Negrescu. În perioada 1911 – 1968, clădirea a adăpostit Prefectura Prahova, până la mutarea instituției în Palatul Administrativ. De-a lungul timpului, a suferit mai multe lucrări de restaurare, ultimele încheindu-se în anul 2006. Patrimoniul muzeului este structurat pe colecţii de pictură, grafică, sculptură şi artă decorativă.

The cultural institution is hosted in Ghiță Ionescu Palace – former merchant, oil magnate, member of Parliament and mayor. The building was constructed in the period 1885 – 1894 by the plans of the architect I. Negrescu. Between 1911 – 1968, the palace hosted Prahova Prefect’s office up to the movement of the institution in the Administrative Palace. Through the years it has been repeatedly restored, the last ones ending in 2006. The museum’s patrimony is divided into painting, graphic, sculpture and decorative art collections.

More Information»

Inaugurat în anul 1962, la aniversarea a 110 ani de la nașterea dramaturgului, muzeul este adăpostit în Casa Dobrescu, a cărei construcție în stil românesc a fost realizată în jurul anului 1800, având o arhitectură tipică pentru casele de târgoveţi din acele vremuri. Reorganizată în anul 2002, expoziția permanentă prezintă familia marelui dramaturg, perioada de școlarizare petrecută la Ploieşti, precum şi debutul său ca jurnalist şi scriitor. În curtea muzeului se află un bust al lui Caragiale, realizat de sculptoriţa ploieşteană Letiția Ignat în anul 1935.

Inaugurated in 1962, to celebrate the 110th birth anniversary of the playwright, the museum is hosted by Dobrescu House which was constructed in the Romanian style around 1800, having a typical architecture for the merchants’ houses of that time. Reorganized in 2002, the permanent exhibition presents the family of the great writer, his enrolment period spent in Ploieşti and his debut as a journalist and writer. A bust of Caragiale sculpted by Letiția Ignat in 1935 is placed in the museum’s court.

More Information»

Aflată într-una din vechile mahalale ale Ploieștilor, în fosta „Piață Sârbească”, casa părintească a poetului Nichita Stănescu (1933 – 1983) a fost construită de bunicul acestuia, Hristea Stănescu, împreună cu cei doi fii ai săi. Construcţia amintește de stilul caselor țărănești de câmpie și găzduiește, începând din anul 2002, muzeul închinat marelui poet, exponatele introducând vizitatorul în atmosfera copilăriei și adolescenței celui care își descria orașul ca fiind „colț de inimă și ruptură de aripă de înger”.

Located in one of the old Ploiești outskirts, in the former “Serbian Square”, the parenthood house of the poet Nichita Stănescu (1933 – 1983) was built by his grandfather, Hristea Stănescu, together with his two sons. The construction reminds of a plain peasant’s house style and since 2002 it hosts the museum dedicated to the great poet, its exhibits introducing the visitor in the childhood and adolescence atmosphere of the one who once described the city as “hearth’s corner and crack of angel wing”.

More Information»

Construită între anii 1885 şi 1890 în stil clasic, casa în care este găzduit Muzeul Memorial „Paul Constantinescu” a aparținut avocatului Constantin C. Stoicescu, deputat liberal și ministru, fiind locul unde s-a căsătorit și a locuit pentru câțiva ani împreună cu soția sa, Josefina. În 1938, casa a trecut în proprietatea familiei Constantinescu, iar din anul 1993 a fost transformată în muzeu dedicat memoriei compozitorului Paul Constantinescu (1909 – 1963), creatorul „Simfoniei ploieștene”. Muzeul găzduiește documente despre viaţa şi activitatea ilustrului muzician.

Built between 1885 – 1890 in a classical style, the house which accommodates “Paul Constantinescu” Memorial Museum was the property of lawyer Constantin C. Stoicescu, liberal deputy and minister; this is where he married and lived with his wife, Josefina. In 1938, the house became the possession of the Constantinescu family and starting from 1993, it was converted into the museum honouring the memory of the composer Paul Constantinescu (1909 – 1963), the creator of “Ploiești Symphony”. The museum exhibits records about the life and activity of the famous composer.

More Information»

Singura creație ploieșteană a lui Alexandru Orăscu, unul dintre primii arhitecți români, a fost ridicată în 1864, în stil neoclasic, ca local al Gimnaziului – mai târziu Liceul de Băieți „Petru și Pavel”. În sălile sale se țineau cursuri la care a participat tânărul elev Ion Luca Caragiale, dar și adunările politice și alegerile de la sfârșitul secolului al XIX-lea. În decursul timpului, clădirea a fost de mai multe ori restaurată, având, pe rând, rolul de școală normală, inspectorat, școală sportivă și cantină. Din 1970, găzduiește Muzeul Județean de Istorie și Arheologie Prahova, colecția sa permanenta cuprinzând exponate din domeniile arheologiei, istoriei moderne și contemporane, numismatică și medalistică. La exterior, intrarea muzeului este încadrată de statuile Sfinților Petru și Pavel, patroni spirituali ai gimnaziului care a funcționat aici, acestea fiind restaurate, după decapitarea lor, la scurt timp de la instaurarea regimului comunist.

The only work of Alexandru Orăscu in Ploiești, one of the first Romanian architects, was erected in 1864, in neoclassical style, as host of a Secondary School – later the “Peter and Paul” Boys High School. Courses were hosted by its rooms, where the young scholar Ion Luca Caragiale also took part, but also political gatherings and elections from the end of the 19th century. Over the course of time, the building was restored several times, hosting in turn a normal school, school inspectorate, sportive school and canteen. Starting from 1970, it is hosting the Prahova History and Archaeology County Museum, its permanent collection covering exhibits from the domains of archaeology, modern and contemporary history, numismatics and medallic subjects. On the outside, the entrance to the museum is framed by the statues of Saints Peter and Paul, the spiritual guardians of the secondary school that was once functioning here, restored after the communist regime, freshly installed, had decapitated them.

More Information»

Pe acest loc s-a aflat casa lui Gheorghe Panait Ceaușu, care a vândut-o ulterior pe „1000 de lei și 100 de curcani” și unde, după o sumară renovare, a fost găzduit prințul rus Masalski, sosit la Ploiești în 1877 împreună cu suita imperială. Clădirea actuală a fost construită între 1880 şi 1882 de către moșierul Teodor Ioan, în stil eclectic de inspirație franceză. Din 1961, a devenit sediul Muzeului Național al Petrolului, singurul muzeu de acest gen din țară, în care sunt prezentate peste 10000 de exponate din istoria exploatării petrolului în județul Prahova.

Here was previously the house of Gheorghe Panait Ceaușu, who sold it for “1000 Romanian lei and 100 turkeys” and where, after a slight renovation, the Russian Prince Masalki was hosted, when he arrived in Ploiești in 1877, together with his imperial retainers. The existing building was erected between 1880 and 1882 by the landowner Teodor Ioan, in eclectic style of French inspiration. Since 1961, it hosts the National Petroleum Museum, the only museum of-its-kind in the country, in which over 10000 pieces from the oil exploitation history in Prahova County are exhibited.

More Information»

Cea mai veche construcție civilă din oraș, Casa de Târgoveț a fost ridicată – se pare – la 1785 de către Hagi Prodan, unul din oamenii de vază din comunitatea ploieșteană de secol XVIII. Casa păstrează atât la exterior, cât și în interior, influența balcanică, remarcabil fiind sacnasiul (balconul) unde, în urmă cu peste două veacuri, se bea cafea turceasă și se fuma narghilea. Deasupra unei ferestre se mai păstrează și astăzi pictura originală în stuc, datând din perioada 1825 – 1830. Locuită până în primele decenii ale secolului al XX-lea, casa este restaurată după Primul Război Mondial de arhitectul Toma T. Socolescu, prin grija istoricului Nicolae Iorga, devenind primul muzeu din istoria Ploieştilor.

The oldest private building in town, Merchants’ House, was built – so it seems – in 1785 by Hagi Prodan, one leader of the Ploiești community of the 18th century. The house displays on the outside and the inside the Balkan influence; one remarkable piece being the balcony where, more than two hundred years ago, Turkish coffee was drank and hookah was smoked. Above one window the original painting in stucco is still kept, dated from the period 1825 – 1830. Inhabited up to the first decades of the 20th century, the house was restored after the First World War by the architect Toma T. Socolescu, by the care of the historian Nicolae Iorga, so it became the first museum in the history of Ploieşti.

More Information»
All Listing Types All Locations Any Rating

Listing Results

  • Muzeul Ceasului „Nicolae Simache” / “Nicolae Simache” Clock Museum

    Muzeul Ceasului „Nicolae Simache” / “Nicolae Simache” Clock Museum

    Muzee

    Read more
  • Muzeul Judeţean de Artă „Ion Ionescu Quintus” / “Ion Ionescu Quintus” County Art Museum

    Muzeul Judeţean de Artă „Ion Ionescu Quintus” / “Ion Ionescu Quintus” County Art Museum

    Muzee

    Read more
  • Muzeul Memorial „Ion Luca Caragiale” / “Ion Luca Caragiale” Memorial Museum

    Muzeul Memorial „Ion Luca Caragiale” / “Ion Luca Caragiale” Memorial Museum

    Muzee

    Read more
  • Muzeul Memorial „Nichita Stănescu” / “Nichita Stănescu” Memorial Museum

    Muzeul Memorial „Nichita Stănescu” / “Nichita Stănescu” Memorial Museum

    Muzee

    Read more
  • Muzeul Memorial “Paul Constantinescu” / “Paul Constantinescu” Memorial Museum

    Muzeul Memorial “Paul Constantinescu” / “Paul Constantinescu” Memorial Museum

    Muzee

    Read more
  • Muzeul Județean de Istorie și Arheologie / History and Archaeology County Museum

    Muzeul Județean de Istorie și Arheologie / History and Archaeology County Museum

    Muzee

    Read more
  • Muzeul Național al Petrolului / National Petroleum Museum

    Muzeul Național al Petrolului / National Petroleum Museum

    Muzee

    Read more
  • Muzeul Casa de Târgoveț / Merchants’ House Museum

    Muzeul Casa de Târgoveț / Merchants’ House Museum

    Muzee

    Read more
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!